Please click below to see our Pupil Premium strategy. Pupil Premium was introduced in April 2011 and is the funding provided, in addition to the main Special School funding from the LA, and is intended to help disadvantaged pupils to ‘close the gap’ and to raise attainment and improve progress.
Children who are eligible include:
- Pupils who have been registered for Free School Meals (FSM) at any point in the last six years
- Children who have been looked after continuously for more than six months
- Children of armed services personnel.
Primary PE and Sport Premium
Please click below to see our PE and Sport Premium Strategy. The government provides additional funding to improve provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. At Sladewood Academy, this funding will be used to:
- increase the engagement of all primary pupils in regular physical activity, working towards more healthy lifestyles
- raise the profile of sporting activity in our primary school
- improve the skills of all staff who teach primary PE and sport
- enable primary pupils to experience a wider range of sports activities
- increase the participation of competitive sports.